Tuesday 18 September 2012

More River Quilts

River Jigsaw

I saw a similar quilt in Houston a few years ago and thought it worked. Kay White suggested the black facing behind the print rather than my idea of removing the whole of the puzzle piece. I usually eat chocolates when I do jigsaws!

Taking In the View

I have a photo of a scene taken where the photographer is sitting on a jetty and the tops of his sneakers are showing. This inspired me to buy a pair of sneakers, wear them around, soak them in mud and cut them up to use with this pre-printed panel to get the same effect. 

Perth Views

I am a hoarder! This tablecloth dates from the 50's and I guess I saved it for something like this. I had to plan the layout knowing I had one chance to get it right before cutting. Quilted to my specifications by Kay White.

Paper Boats

The river theme took over my mind for a while and when thinking of various options for rivers I thought of making and sailing paper boats when I was young. Now I've made some fabric (paper) boats.


Moon Over the Mountain

I really wanted to do a traditional Moon over the Mountain block but my 'just adapt it a little' brain took over. All I wanted to do was to give it a 3 dimensional look - honestly.


Riverview by Bryony De La Motte

An imaginary, peaceful river in farming country. The design evolved as I worked on it. The basic technique is Karen Eckmeier’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment